These Articles of Faith have been taken from the Lehighton Bible Church constitution.
Article III Doctrinal Statement
Section A - Articles of Faith
This church has been founded upon and pledges to preach and teach the following doctrinal truths, believing them to be the expression of truth as found in the Word of God and requires that each person wishing to be part of this fellowship subscribe to this without any reservations, mental or otherwise.
(1) We believe that "all scripture is given by inspiration of God," -- and is inerrant in its original writings, being communicated by the Holy Ghost to men of God. II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21.
(2) We believe God wrote only one book, called God's Holy Word. We call it the Holy Bible. We believe that God has preserved His Word down through the ages, and we believe that we have it today in the King James Version. This version was taken from the Stephen's Text. Called the received text or the Textus Receptus. None of God's Word can be lost. We have it today and we thank the Lord for preserving it. Psalms 12:6-7; Psalms 119:89; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 24:35; Mark 13:31; Luke 21:33; and 1 Peter 1:23-25. We are not to change the Word of God, we are not to add to it or subtract from it. Deuteronomy 4:2; Deuteronomy 12:32; Proverbs 30:5-6; and Revelation 22:18-19
(3) We believe in God, the Trinity -- Father, Son and Holy Spirit, -- who has revealed Himself to men in the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 4:4-6; 1 John 5:7.
(4) We believe that Jesus Christ was "God manifest in the flesh", begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and was True Man, and the "he died for our sins," was buried, and raised again for our justification, and that He ascended and is now seated at the right hand of the Father as High Priest and Advocate. I Timothy 3:16; Luke 1:35; Matthew 1:20; John 3:14-16; Romans 1:3,4; I Corinthians 15:3,4; Romans 4:25; Ephesians 1:20; Hebrews 1:3; Ephesians 4:8.
(5) We believe that God created man "in his own image" -- spirit, soul, and body, and that through temptation, he sinned, and became a fallen creature, "dead in trespasses and sins." Genesis 1:26; I Thessalonians 5:23; Ephesians 2:1. We believe that every person born into the world inherits a fallen sin nature. Romans 3:23
(6) We believe that marriage was ordained by God at creation as the sacred union of one man and one woman. All sexual relations must therefore be reserved for that union. Christian marriage is a representation of Christ's relationship to His church. We also believe that children are a blessing from the Lord. Thus all human lifeis sacred and worthy of protection from the moment of conception. Genesis 1:26-28; 2:24; Psalm 127; 128; 139:13-16; Matthew 19:1-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Ephesians 5:22-33; Hebrews 13:4; 2 Peter 1:21.
(7) We believe that God sent Jesus Christ as the Savior of mankind, and that through the offering of Himself on the Cross, He propitiated God, and reconciled the sinner, and becomes a Substitute for every man who by faith accepts Him as his personal Savior. John 3:14-16; Hebrews 9:14; Romans 3:24,25; Colossians 1:21,22; II Corinthians 5:19. We believe that all who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ are saved and become members of the family of God and are eternally secure because of the eternal purpose of God. Galatians 3:26; John 1:11-13; I Peter 1:23; John 5:24; Ephesians 3:11.
8We believe in the "blessed hope" as the next great event in God's program, when the dead in Christ shall be resurrected, and the living saints changed and caught up together to meet Him in the air. Titus 2:13; I Corinthians 15:51-53; I Thessalonians 4:13-17.
(9) We believe in the personal, pre-millennial, and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to this earth when He will sit upon the throne of His Glory and judge the Gentile nations, after which He will reign for one thousand years in righteousness and peace. Matthew 24:29,30; Matthew 25:31,32; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16.
(10) We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost. John 5:28,29; Philippians 3:21; Revelation 21:8; Revelation 14:10,11.
(11) We believe in a personal devil, who is the "prince of the power of the air," the "god of this age," and who is now "blinding the minds of those who believe not lest the light of the Gospel of Christ should shine unto them." Ephesians 2:2; II Corinthians 4:3,4.
(12) We believe every true believer is baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ which is the one True Church. I Corinthians 12:13; Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 1:22,23; Galatians 3:27,28; Ephesians 4:5. Whenever the scripture speaks of being baptized into Christ, it refers to spiritual baptism, our identification with Him or our union with Him. Romans 6:1-6.
(13) We believe that the Lord's Table was instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ, and that all obedient believers should not forsake the assembling of themselves together to remember Him in His death until He comes again. Matthew 26:26-28; I Corinthians 11:23-32; Hebrews 10:25.
(14) We believe the local church is an assembly of regenerated persons; an independent, self-governing body having scripturally designated leaders. Titus 3:5; Acts 14:23-27; 20:17; I Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-11.
(15) We believe that we should follow the Apostle Paul as he followed Christ. I Corinthians 4:16,17; 11:1; Philippians 3:17; 4:9; I Corinthians 14:37. We also believe that Paul is our apostle for today. Romans 15:16; 11:13. We believe that to Paul was revealed the Revelation of the Mystery, which has to do with the church, which is His body, of which Christ is the head. Colossians 1:26; Ephesians 1:22,23; Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 3:1-3. We believe that men will be judged according to Paul's Gospel. Romans 2:16.